Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My soul waits.

My soul waits.
 
Today, I woke up with a heavy heart.  Today, although my eyes have no tears left, still felt like crying.  Today, I realized that our child could be being cast aside right now.  

Since we will get a 2-5 year old, right now, our child is a little baby, being told that they're not good enough, that they don't hear enough, and that they can't stay.  They can't stay in a warm home with caring parents.  They can't stay in a house that will be clean and have a fridge full of food. They can't stay where there is love.

They are being institutionalized, left in a hospital bed, next to other children who are suffering the same fate.  This breaks my heart.  The wait is more painful than I expected.  We could easily go and get them today, bring them home, and love them til they burst.  But government control, paperwork, and silly rules tell us we can't.  We have to leave them there.  Alone.

So, the only thing we can do is wait.  Wait for the Lord and pray through the battles and the fears.  We will not lose heart.  We will pray for our baby, and wait in excitement for the day we meet them as a toddler.



"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning."
                                              Psalm 130:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment